HELPFUL HINTS ABOUT WRITING YOUR SUMMARY
Please email me with your names and addresses. Your summary doesn't have to be long. It can be bullet one liners. I think what we should look for is whether:
1. Aurora was telling everyone to "go late" in order to start the loan mod process.
2. What are your late fees and penalties
3. Were you delayed in getting a loan mod
4. Were you ever approved
5. Were you denied
6. What was the length of time you worked on a loan mod
7. Do they legally hold your Note and who was your original or "real" lender
8. Do you have a log of your conversations
9. Were you harrassed
10. Did you ever speak to a supervisor and what is the name
11. Is your house in foreclosure or do you know
12. Has your house been resold by Aurora
13. How were you notified that you were in foreclosure
14. Were you told your debt to income ratio was too high and then a day later you were told you made too much money
15. When you talked to loan mod reps, did you ever ask them if they knew if your house was in foreclosre or did you tell them it was in foreclosure and they didn't even know about it.
16. Or did they say the sale would be cancelled if you set up a new plan 3 x's higher than the last trial payment plan.
17. Did any of you have an adjustable loan whose interest rate DROPPED while you were on the payment plan but Aurora refused to adjust?
That will get you started. I really want to know if Aurora instructed you to "go late".
The class action attorney is asking for name and address and a brief summary from each person. If you don't give a summary right away - just put down 3 things in bullet form - like you were told to go late, they promised you a loan mod and then they forclosed. Whatever your story is. Short and simple is fine.
Joy Schmidt, MIM, Realtor, Victims Advocate